Full List of Events, Information and Milestones
Check here for all of the important details, dates, times and regulations for the upcoming 7 Mile Bridge Run.
40th Annual 7-Mile Bridge Run April 17, 2021
During the race, runners must remain alert for the presence of emergency vehicles. At all times the eastbound (left) lane of the 7 Mile Bridge is OPEN FOR EMERGENCY VEHICLES. All runners should keep to the right of the center line of U.S. 1 for their own safety.
Aid stations will be available along the course, providing water and wet sponges. Emergency assistance will be by race official or ham radio operator. Read the enclosed health care information carefully. This is important.
All runners should be aware of the possible effects of hot weather on a distance runner. These include heat stroke, heat exhaustion and muscle cramps. The symptoms are:
b. Dry skin – no sweating
d. Nausea or cramps
e. Goose bumps on chest or arms
f. Incoherent speech and thought
If you develop any of these symptoms, stop running and, if necessary, seek assistance.
NOTE: Average March/April temperatures range from a high of 82° F to a low of 73° F. Runners should be prepared for high humidity and temperatures.
We hope to make the 40th Annual 7 Mile Bridge Run a fun and safe event for everyone. We have had to be creative with some changes from the usual.
- The start line this year will be on the WEST side of the bridge, instead of the EAST side
- Limited parking will be at Knights Key and buses will transport bibbed runners only to the West side
- Parking will begin at 4:00am and the last bus will leave Knights Key at 5:30am.
- Once on the West side of the bridge, runners are asked to comply with volunteer directions to ensure social distancing
- There will be no spectators
- Only bibbed runners may participate in the race
- A secure start area will be setup according to social distancing guidelines using street decals, linear rows and barricades. Runners will start in waves of 10 runners at a time
- Bibs must be visible
- The race will begin at 6:45
- Upon crossing the start line mat, runners may drop their mandatory face covering until either being picked up by a bus or crossing the finish line, where face coverings will then be required
- Runners will have approximately 80 minutes to finish the race
- Multiple water stations will be provided along the course
- Sweep buses will pickup any runners whose pace will not allow them to finish within the allotted timeframe
- Finisher medals will be distributed at the finish line
- All runners will be timed using mat time, including overall winners. Results will be made available online; however there will be no awards ceremony. Awards will be mailed to all winners
- Refreshments will be available to runners at the finish line
- The bridge will reopen at 9:00
Read Thoroughly Before Registering
You must pick up your own number and present a photo ID (no exceptions). If you registered early as a Monroe County, FL resident you must present a photo ID that matches the address you used when you registered (no exceptions). NO REFUNDS
6:45 am, April 17th, 2021
$75.00, NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE for any reason. All proceeds go to children’s organizations. There is no rain date or other postponements due to weather or for any other reason mentioned in the Waiver of Liability.
NO CRANK WHEELCHAIRS, ROLLER BLADES, ROLLERSKATES, SKATE BOARDS, BIKES, BABY STROLLERS OR PETS WILL BE ALLOWED ON THE COURSE.
- Packet pickup will take place at The Faro Blanco Resort and Yacht Club (1996 Overseas Hwy) on Friday, April 16th only
- Packet pickup will use a drive thru format
- Runners must remain in their vehicles at all times and must wear masks when interacting with volunteers
- Packet pickup will begin at 3:00pm and will end at 9:00pm
- Runners must pickup their own numbers and must present photo identification that matches the address used when registering, along with the race registration confirmation that is emailed to runners
This race is being timed with the State of the Art Chrono Track Timing System. Each participant will have their timing B tag placed on the back of their bib number. DO NOT REMOVE or bend this B tag. On race day, runners are asked to pin their race number to the front of their t-Shirt ONLY. If possible, please do not pin it to running shorts. Each participant will have two timing B tags on the back of the race number which will record start and finish time. Make sure these tags are not folded, bent, or removed from the race number. Once taken off it cannot be placed on the bib again and expected to work. For further information: www.splitsecondtiming.com
There will be plenty of cold soda, beer and water after the race.
Top 3 male/female overall winners, M/F overall Master, Grand Master, Senior Grand Master plus age division winners, 3 deep. Note: Overall winners and Master divisions are not eligible for age group awards. Age groups include for Men and Women: 12 and under, 13-18, 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79 and 80 & over. Wheelchair Division 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
Have a Great Race!
Located just steps from the finish line of the 7 mile bridge run featuring oceanfront accommodations with every room. Save off your stay by clicking here.
Set on Marathon’s waterfront and easily identifiable by its historic lighthouse. A full-service marina, 125 rooms, and a restaurant maintain our status as the premier resort in the Florida Keys. Save off your stay by clicking here.